|Mercy: Assault on Stohess, Part 2|
|Season 1, Episode 24|
|Series||Attack on Titan|
|Rōmaji||Jihi -Sutohesu-ku Kyūshū (2)-|
|Air Date||September 21, 2013 (Japan), October 25, 2014 (USA)|
|Adapted From||32, 33|
|Opening||Feuerroter Pfeil und Bogen|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Attack on Titan Episode List|
Days before apprehending Annie, Levi grows impatient with Erwin's troops. Eren asks Levi if he made the wrong decision. Levi replies that no one can predict everything. Then, Commander Erwin arrives and informs them that they have come up with the Female Titan's identity. He debriefs them on their strategy. In the present, Annie transforms and kills the soldiers who tried to restrain her. Armin and the others run through the underground tunnels to regroup with Squad 3 above ground. Armin tells Eren to transform in order to capture Annie. When Squad 3 arrives to meet up with Armin's group, the Female Titan stomps through the ceiling, instantly killing the Squad 3 members. Eren chomps on his hand and cries in pain when he doesn't transform. Armin urges Eren to visualize a goal. Mikasa reminds Eren that Annie killed their friends when she remarks that Eren wouldn't believe it.
In the flashback, Armin points out that Annie had taken Marco's equipment while Mikasa remarks that the Female Titan's face looked like Annie's face. Mikasa whispers into Eren's ears and tells him that he knows how Annie fights. After Mikasa and Armin escape the tunnels to allow Eren to transform, Annie stomps through the tunnel, hitting Eren. Mikasa engages Annie and tears through Annie's palm. While Armin tries to wake Eren up, Annie manages to knock down Mikasa and walks toward Eren's location. Meanwhile, Hitch and Marlow scout ahead. Commander Erwin tells Nile to deploy all his troops. Jean breaks free and asks Erwin to allow him to engage the enemy. When Erwin orders his men to move out, Nile and his men try to halt Erwin with their guns.
Jean arrives to Eren's location and yells at Eren to remind them of their promise. Armin tells Eren to sacrifice his humanity in order to fight. When Armin and Jean lure the Female Titan, Hanji and her troops fire their cannons and drop a heavy duty net on Annie. Hanji speaks to Annie and tells her how they are going to devour all the information from her. Annie breaks free by sweeping the troops with her feet. Hanji, Mikasa and the rest of the troops pursue Annie. With all of his anger pumping out violently, Eren transforms into a Titan and delivers a massive blow to Annie's face.
List of Characters
Points of Interest
- Eyecatch Information: Wall Sina encloses the capital and has a population of 200,000 people. To live there, one must have special permission. Most of the residents are royal family and their relatives. One can earn the right to live there through meritorious service in the Military Police. Usually, the Military Police is only option for the poor to see refuge.
The following quotes are from the Crunchyroll subtitle script, timestamps are approximate.
Manga & Anime Differences
The following points show notable alterations from the source material.
- In the manga, the flashback of Erwin's debriefing occurs after Annie transforms into a Titan.
- In the manga, Eren transform into a Titan quickly. In the anime, Eren got impaled after the tunnel collapsed on him.
- In the anime, Nile and his soldiers try to stop Erwin and his troops with guns, whereas in the manga, Nile didn't do anything.
- Anime Exclusive Scene: Jean assisting Mikasa and the others to capture Annie, and Hanji's troops capturing Annie with a net.