|Kill the Mad Scientist|
|Season 1, Episode 11|
|Series||Akame ga Kill!|
|Rōmaji||Maddo Saientisuto o Kiru|
|Air Date||September 14, 2014|
|Adapted From||20, 21|
|Ending||Konna Sekai, Shiritakunakatta|
|← Previous||Next →|
|Akame ga Kill! Episode List|
Leone wakes up from partying too much during Tatsumi's homecoming party. When Leone goes outside to wash up, Trooma attacks and incapacitates her. In the Night Raid's base, Lubbock confronts an enemy and fends off the enemy's attack with his string armor around his chest. He kills the enemy after throwing a spear formed by his threads. When a large group of enemies chase Lubbock, Akame arrives and easily slaughters in an instant. Then, Toby arrives and engages Akame in combat and reveals his hidden blades. His movements remind Akame of a machine. Lubbock has his hands full with two large enemies.
Busting out of the base's front walls, Tatsumi punches the enemies until he confronts Kaku. Once Tatsumi sees Kaku using Sheele's Imperial Arm, he charges with anger at Kaku, breaking his sword against Kaku's hard body. Kaku manages to slice a bit into Tatsumi's armor using Ecstasy. With Tatsumi having difficulty, Mine arrives in the battle, commenting that Tatsumi has gotten sloppy. As Kaku dives towards Mine with confidence in his durable body modifications, Mine easily eradicate Kaku completely due to her power rising when she's in a pinch. Mine holds and embraces Sheele's Imperial Arm and cries as she welcomes Sheele back. Mimi hears something soaring above them, an Air Manta.
As Toby pulls out all of his hidden guns, Akame keeps on chopping his weapons and limbs off until Lubbock stabs Toby from behind. Finding Lubbock's tasteless, Lubbock replies that he cannot stand still when his people are attacked. Toby asks Akame about her evaluation of his skills. Akame explains that his moves were vicious but careless before decapitating Toby. Trooma tries to stab Mine from behind, but he gets jumped by Leone. Leone kicks him and kills him by slamming him. As Tatsumi and the Night Raid reunite, Dr. Stylish's minions surround them. All of Tatsumi's group except Tatsumi succumbs to a poison that paralyzes them. Mimi assures Hana that all the experiments have been given the antidote. Suddenly, a mysterious person, Susanoo crashes near Tatsumi's group. By Najenda's orders, Susanoo easily cuts through the enemies. Dr. Stylish and his team wonder why the poison isn't working on him. He detonates his own men, using them as human bombs. When Susanoo regenerates, everyone realizes Susanoo is an organism-based Imperial Arms.
On Air Manta, Najenda locates Dr. Stylish's group on the southwest ledge. Dr. Stylish issues a retreat, but he gets attacked by Susanoo. Dr. Stylish resorts to his last resort technique by injecting himself with a drug. He transforms into a huge humanoid, Danger Beast. Akame asks Tatsumi to take her there. Tatsumi carries Akame as he tries to get closer to Dr. Stylish's forehead. On the Air Manta, Mine fires her Pumpkin which knocks Dr. Stylish down. Whie running on Dr. Stylish's body when it's down, Susanoo blocks his hands. This allows Tatsumi and Akame to advance forward. Tatsumi throws Akame towards Dr. Stylish. She delivers the final blow with her Murasame.
List of Characters
Points of Interest
- Lubbock learns creative uses on how to use strings from manga.
- Leone hates sneak attacks, but she likes doing them.
- Susanoo is an organism-based Imperial Arms who is the first known humanoid type
The following quotes are from the Crunchyroll subtitle script, timestamps are approximate.
Dr. Stylish: "There were still so many human experiments I wanted to do... Wh-Why do I have such bad luck?"
— Dr. Stylish's Last Words
Abilities, Moves, & Items Used
Abilities include types of magic and combat. Moves include spells and techniques.
|Dr. Stylish||Perfector||Secret Weapon #2: Danger Type|
Manga & Anime Differences
The following points show notable alterations from the source material. Click on an icon to show the full image.
- The manga includes a party scene where Lubbock cannot believe Tatsumi gets all the girls, Leone drinks, and Akame eats a lot of meat. Leone mentions she had marked Tatsumi and that Tatsumi is hers.
- Only in the manga, Me asks Dr. Stylish if they should report to Esdeath. Also, Hana asks the doctor about Seryuu. Dr. Stylish didn't want to see a soft captain and was confident he can do this job with his soldiers. Kaku and Toby talk to Dr. Stylish as they make preparations.
- In the manga, Akame wears a plaid night gown. In the anime, she wears a solid pink gown with some petals on the side. Interestingly in the manga, she changes her outfit to her regular battle attire. In the anime, she still kept her night gown on.
- The soldier who was detonated was clearly female in the manga. In the anime, the gender is changed to a man.